Thursday, May 20, 2010

Rand Paul and the Tea Party

Last night, out of curiosity I tuned in to see what Rand Paul had to say.

My first impression: He's even worse than I thought. He doesn't see himself as working for the people of Kentucky. He's a "Tea Party Candidate" through and through.

"Take our government back..." from whom? Rational America just GOT the bleeding wreck back from the "Last Days" crowd. Do we need to hand it back to the very fools who wrecked it? I think not - and I bet I'm not the only one.

It got worse when he appeared on one of my favorite political shows. Even being charitable, Rand Paul is lukewarm on Civil Rights, at best. My depression-born father had more progressive world-views than Rand Paul.

I believe that electing Rand Paul to the Senate would tell the world that Kentucky is politically backward. I, for one, don't think he represents the 'average' resident of my home state.

With that oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico threatening to wreck the eastern coast of both North and South America, the Senate doesn't need a  'tea-brained' senator.

Rand Paul needs to stay on the porch. He's not ready to run with the big dogs of the Obama Administration. 

The 'white sheet' crowd may disagree.


Frak them.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...