Wednesday, January 4, 2012

What? No New Year's Resolutions??

Well - no - I'm not even going to pretend to make any, because I never get them done. I don't see any reason to drive myself nuts with unrealistic expectations.

What I've been working towards - my goals - are a totally different ball game. Those I can and do make, all the time.

So what am I working on for the New Year? I'm finishing up last year's 'to-do' list and picking up a slew of 'round-to-it' stuff that I didn't get done in the last few months.

So I'm afraid that I'm going to be a boring person, who doesn't write long retrospective posts or saddle herself with un-realistic expectations. My realistic expectations are modest.

I expect to get 'Swallow the Moon' into paperback.
I expect to sell more books.
I expect to buy tons of hay.
I expect to do a bunch of writing.

I want to keep doing what I've been doing since September, because I've gotten so much accomplished in the last 4 months. I went into the office this morning, and got right down to work.

Next week I've got some errands to run on Fort Knox. This will be a good time to get ALL KINDS of stuff caught up. I've got to make some contacts on Ft. Knox and I'm hoping this will be a slow time of year for those departments. If I can get the information I need, I can start working on 'Tempest in a Teapot' again.

I deconstructed an old unfinished novel today using Scrivener. I can see all kinds of mistakes just scanning for page breaks. I'm learning the software as I go. It does so many useful little tasks. Very Cool!

I was so pleased to be back at work.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...