Sunday, August 26, 2012

Half-Time Numbers

January to June 2012


 Above, I'm sharing my sales numbers for the first 6 months of 2012.
I'm really not sure what to say about these numbers. They show a stunning 10k increase over 2011's total of 7990, which blew the doors of 2010's modest 30, thanks to Kindle Select sales/borrows in December of 2011.
 I've got the spreadsheet, broken down by e-book and vendor. I can see the balance of my Amazon sales are from "Let's Do Lunch" (12k) and "Swallow the Moon" (5.6k).
The 'dark horse' in all of this is, of course, "Impressive Bravado" which has done spectacular as a free e-book with 636 sales.
 While I'm no where near the magic 50k that appears to be the benchmark for e-book success. I AM close to half that with a few months to go. 
My income averaged $0.60 per book, because of the number of giveaways (10k in June alone.) Still, this isn't bad for a newbie writer with no 'street cred' with Traditional Publishing.
I had a few good breaks.
"Let's Do Lunch" was picked up by Pixel of Ink during the June giveaway, which resulted in the 10k giveaway in one day.

2 comments:

The One and Only Doc said...

This is me ridiculously jealous of your numbers! Congrats, Jordan.

K. A. Jordan said...

Thank you! I'm sure if you stick to it, you can beat these!

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...