Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The Pain of Sales Charts

The Work of Being a Writer


This has been a very painful experience.

Two days ago I started messing with my sales data for 2011 and 2012. First I was updating Smashwords for 2012, then 2011. Today I attempted Barnes & Noble for 2011 and 2012.

Somewhere in there, I decided that I wasn't JUST interested in how many books I sold, but in how much money I made. Even this year's information was painfully slow to pull from the websites into a spreadsheet

Aww! Chicken Crap! I shouldn't otta done that! This is taking all day just to get 2012 - which is barely half over.

Now I'm going to need to do 2011 income just to see how it compares.

I miss, terribly, horribly MISS my databases. I had SUCH hopes that I could use Quickbooks. But, alas, I'm not at all proficient in Quickbooks. So I'm going to manually tease this data from the websites and into something I can use.

When I get some Quarterly Data, I'll post it.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...