Sunday, September 23, 2012

From the Front Porch



I spent a couple hours today on the porch, watching the hummingbirds at the feeders and the sparrows drink from the fountain. Temps are in the 70 F range, there's a breeze through the wind chimes. The horses were snoozing in the grass, but they wandered off.
I got some good photos of the hummingbird. They are strange creatures. They are bolder than other birds, noisy and appear intelligent and opinionated. I've had them buzz me to let me know they were hungry and the feeders were dry. It's quite scary to have something with a long sharp beak buzzing around your face and darting at your glasses.
Stranger yet is when there are several, darting and squeaking.
I don't know when they migrate, but I will miss the silly things when they go.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...