Saturday, March 29, 2014

The New Guys Arrived



The new alpacas arrived today. It started out a little scary...the rain made it impossible to get the trailer out of it's parking space. Lisa Saettel did her best. The people from SELR were kind enough to bring them the rest of the way.

I wasn't sure what was going to happen. We put them in the pen to dry off and get settled. Poor things didn't know what to think about the chickens.

I called Grumpy, but he refused to have anything to do with me. I helped Lisa with her kids while she visited her Mom at HMH. Came home to let the horses back in the barn. The New Guys seemed very content in the pen.

I called Grumpy, to my surprise he came in the barn three or four times before I got the door closed. He was really, really interested in the New Guys. I managed to corner him, halter him and got him over to the pen. I didn't know if he would go in or not. But he charged in, ears forward.

There was some kicking, no spitting, no biting and a few bleats. But for the most part, Grumpy had his ears forward.

It looked like he was smiling.

I'm really glad. He wasn't happy as an Only Alpaca.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...