Saturday, May 31, 2014

Writing Progress


There is something about this photo that I can really relate to. Namely it's how I see my writing career after 6 years of actively chasing 'The Dream' of getting my stories published. 

I've got enough experience to know that it takes a lot of work to get an e-book written, edited, covered, published and marketed. 

My marketing hasn't been 'street worthy' since my mother passed. I know it, and I'm not going to make any excuses. It is what is and it ain't what it ain't. 

But like this old tomcat - I've licked my wounds and healed up. I may not be stronger than ever, but by damn, I'm older and wiser.

I haven't been idle - I've been working my butt off in the 'Real World' trying to keep the farm and family on track. Wow - that's been a chore.

But I'm back writing - The Emissary: Arrival, book two of Horsewomen of the Zombie Apocalypse is down to a final scene that needed a re-write. It goes to the editor in July. About the time I find out if The Emissary: Journey makes the finals at eFestival of Words. 

There are two more books after Arrival - in progress. The issue I'm wrestling with inside that series is one I've been blogging about - "What to Wear to the Zombie Apocalypse." I've realized that it's going to be much easier for people to grow their own food than it is for them to find clothing. So where will humanity obtain their clothing? Ahhh...that's the catch.

There's also "Tempest in a Teapot" which may get revived in another week or two. It lacks a satisfying ending right now. 

We'll see if putting out a couple of books this year can give my sales a much needed boost. I can always put "Let's Do Lunch" back into Kindle select, but I hate the thought of pulling it from every other shelf in the world for 90 days. 

Not sure how active I'm going to be on this blog. I've got plenty of fiber to mess with, so I might be blogging here: Jordan's Croft Fiber Arts.

As always - stay tuned.

Ya never know what I'm going to be up to next.

No comments:

The Enthropy in Travel

Oh the pretty cabins! Pretty, pretty cabins! I'm gonna travel to a national forest and stay in a pretty cabin with all the fun things a ...